Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Evolution of a Craft Show Booth







Then (2006)


Now (2011)
My craft show booth has evolved over the years. I began with a small budget so I improvised and gradually improved over the years. (Notice: I said “years”) My advice: adjust what you read in this article to your tastes and wallet, keep the color pallet simple, black and white never go out of style and don’t distract from your jewelry, don’t try to do everything at once, buy what you can afford and make adjustments and improvements as you go along. Improvise. Don’t have the money for shelves, buy a $1 photo box and drape it with material. Use your creativity and use found objects to achieve the look you want. Keep it simple. Your display should be the backdrop for your jewelry.
I’ve seen a lot of questions regarding craft show booths and how to get started. This will be installment one on the evolution of my booth through the years. Hopefully it will answer some of the questions beginners have when getting into the craft show business.



Each week I will take one aspect of my booth and break it down into easy steps for a limited budget and how to gradually evolve. (tables, skirting, backdrop, displays, adding height, lighting, signage) Please feel free to add comments or ask questions!

Next week: TABLES

No comments:

Post a Comment